Sunday, July 24, 2011

First Twist Out on Transitioning Hair

Hi guys, well its Sunday, July 24, 2011 and we just got back from church. I tried a twist out last night on my transitioning hair. As I said before my last perm was only last month June 18, 2011 so I'm only a month into my transition. I used the following materials:
These are the rollers that I used.
I added a dime sized amount to each section of hair.


The rollers were about $2-$3 a pack and I got those from Wal-Mart. The conditioner was under $5 and I purchased it from my local beauty supply store.


I used my fingers to part and pull out a section of hair. I applied some of the All Ways oil moisturizer and then I twisted the section of hair. After the section of hair was twisted I rolled it on a satin roller. Once all of my hair was moisturized, twisted, and rolled I applied a little olive oil to my scalp with my fingers. Before going to bed I covered my head/rollers with a satin scarf. I slept in the rollers and the next morning I took out the rollers. Once all of the rollers were out I applied more olive oil to my hands and gently pulled the twists apart and put on a head band. The end result was a wavy style. I believe that once I am all natural that I will get more curl. Overall I was pleased with my end result. I did not like sleeping in the rollers. Surely this is stress on my hair. The All Ways hair product is decent enough, but once it is gone I will most likely not buy anymore because of the ingredients:

Ingredients
Herbal Extract (Indian Hemp, Rosemary, Nettle, Sage, Birch, Burdock, Hops, Chaparral, Sunflower Petal), Isopropyl Myristrate, Glycerine, Stearyl Alcohol and Ceteareth 20, Polysorbate 20, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Monostearate SE, Glycol Stearate, Acetamide MEA, Cocoa Butter, Myristyl Myristrate, Aloe Vera, Oil Blend (Jojoba Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Avocado Oil, Wheat Germ Oil, Sesame Oil, Olive Oil), Disodium Edetate, propylene Glycol, Lecithin, DMDM Hydantoin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea.


This is how my hair looked at the end of the day.

I will do this style once more and take a picture of the finished styled immediately after.