Friday, November 11, 2011

New Product-Kinky Curly Knot Today

Well Sunday, November 6, 2011 I purchased a new product. Originally it was for my baby's hair. He has really coily hair and it is difficult to comb through. I had heard of "Kinky Curly Knot Today" however I had not tried it yet because I still have some relaxed ends. 

Well this week I tried it on my hair when I was about to do a twist out on rod rollers. I usually like to try and comb through my hair at this time. I know that a comb can rip out hair so I usually only comb my hair with a comb about three times a week and the other days I finger fluff and comb. 

Twist outs last me about two days as well as roller sets. Anyway this stuff is heaven! I was able to comb through my hair with a fine toothed comb! No pop, pop, no crack, crack... it just glides through. So I would recommend this product to anyone who's having a hard time getting a comb through their hair (regardless of whether you are natural or transitioning or relaxed). 

This product is all natural and can be purchased at Target (which is where I got mine) for about $12.00 a bottle. I'm thinking it'll last me about a month and a half and then I'll have to get some more. It works, it smells nice, and it really softens the hair. This one's a keeper!

It is...
for all hair types
great for detangling and conditioning
contains no alcohol, parabens or sodium lauryl sulfate, acrylics, plastics, wax, mineral oil, petroleum, silicone, carbomer
in an 8 oz bottle 
a cream
I've been reading and it says that it can be used as a conditioner after you wash your hair (rinse out or leave in). I've found that it is great for styling the hair as well.
Ingredients: Mango fuit extract, slipper elm, marshmallow root, lemongrass, cetyl alcohol, behentrimonium methosulfate, citric acid, phenoxyethanol and natural fragrance