Monday, June 10, 2013

Defined Curls with As I Am Curling Jelly + Shea Moisture Curling Souffle

I got wonderful results when I used these two products together. First I put my hair in four sections, then I cowashed my hair with the As I Am Coconut Cowash and finger detangled in the shower. I conditioned my hair with Suave Naturals. I rinsed my hair and twisted it into four sections while under the flow of the water.

I applied/worked through each section with my fingers (in this order):

As I Am Leave-In Conditioner, Shea Moisture Restorative Conditioner, Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Style Milk, oil mixture (jojoba, olive, castor, aloe vera juice, sweet almond, sunflower, avocado) (added to mix in order of expense).

All products were added while my hair was in 4 sections.
Lastly I applied (sectioning each section even further as I applied the following products) the Shea Moisture Curling Souffle (a good amount to saturate and moisturize the hair) and then lastly the As I Am Curling Jelly. 

Each time I raked my fingers through my hair until I had achieved the desired curl definition. I let my hair air dry.
I love "shingling" my hair, it's fast, it's easy, it lasts and it doesn't put as much stress or manipulation on my hair as twist outs.   




That little should is my son, he is likes to run around in a pampie and socks.